Google

Re: Newsletter with banners

From: Yat Siu <ysiu_at_outblaze.com>
Date: Wed 26 Apr 2000 09:26:31 +0800

CHRISTOPH WROTE:
> We offer 13 different newsletters in text format and
> want to send them now in HTML format with banner-ads. I
> tried to create a newsletter by making a standard
> HTML-page and integrating it into an eMail, but i
> didn't work as well as i imagined it:

Cristoph,

when sending out messages in HTML you will need to make
sure that the message mime encoding understands this,
otherwise the messages will come through in just HTML
source.

You can use an editor like Frontpage to control
this....or compose via eg. Outlook Express or so to
make life easier as that will encode the mime type for
you in advance.

If you want to go down nitty gritty, the background
color is determined by the bgcolor tag, i.e.
<bgcolor = HEX color code>.

Cheers

Yat