Google

Re: Graphics Help

From: Robert Arnold <rax_at_warbaby.com>
Date: Fri 12 May 2000 01:09:47 -0700

STEVE SPRAGUE WROTE:
> I am looking for some graphics help on my site. The
> site is pcisland.com. The top graphic with the linking
> island seems to be too much. I have heard a lot of
> comments that it is to obtrusive. I don't think it is
> and I worked hard on it. Could I get some input?

I don't see that much of a problem with the island
graphic, but I think you should bag the banners at the
top. When the browser window opens, all your visitors
see is a page cluttered with banners - when they should
be seeing your logo. If they have to scroll down to
find out where they are and what the site is about,
you're going to lose a lot of them. It's your site and
your material should come first.

Just my 2 cents worth...

R.

--