Google

Re: Web Site Statistics

From: Marlena Schwarz <marlena_at_sharpe-partners.com>
Date: Fri 12 May 2000 12:07:27 -0400

SANA AKILI WROTE:
> I am looking into placing banner ads on some selected
> web sites. However, I wanted to know what the site
> stats were in terms of user sessions and views were per
> month before making contact. Is there any way one could
> find out stats on a particular web site before
> contacting the web master? Or is it still something
> private? And how does one verify the information these
> sites give out? I would appreciate any leads.

The major sites are audited by third-party sources that
ensure the figures they provide are accurate. You can
subscribe to Media Metrix or Nielsen/NetRatings for
about $25 to #30K per year, to get accurate stats.

If that's not possible make sure you ask the sites if
their stats are third party audited. And make sure
they give you current numbers, I have had sales reps
quote Media Metrix stats from six months ago, when
presumably their rankings were better.

Marlena
Marlena Schwarz
S H A R P E P A R T N E R S