Google

Re: Web Site Statistics

From: Ilona Jerabek <ilona_at_queendom.com>
Date: Fri 19 May 2000 21:26:03 -0400

SANA AKILI <sana_at_acmediscount.com> WROTE:
> I am looking into placing banner ads on some selected
> web sites. However, I wanted to know what the site
> stats were in terms of user sessions and views were per
> month before making contact.

TO WHICH ILONA JERABEK <ilona_at_queendom.com> REPLIED:
> For the number of unique users, you can check out the
> free part of PC Data (pcdata.com).

TO WHICH RICK RESPONDED:
> I read one of your answers this morning and it said
> that I could go to the free part of www.pcdata.com to
> obtain the number of unique visitors a site has. I was
> wondering where?? I tried to go to it but being my
> first time in this site, I was unable to find it. Also,
> is this monthly unique visitors? Does it give monthly
> page impressions or page views as well??

Hi Rick,

You can access the free reports from here:
http://www.pcdataonline.com

The exact address is
http://www.pcdataonline.com/reports/tmSitesSingleFree.asp

As far as I know, these reports give the unique
visitors (so the number of sessions reported by your
traffic stats software can can be quite different,
especially if you have a lot of returning visitors).
The reports take into account traffic from US only, so
if you have international traffic, you won't see it.
PC Data claim that they count AOL proxy servers, but I
am not sure about all the other big ISPs and
companies/organizations with local networks (such as
universities, government) that use proxies.

In addition, I think they have a serious sampling
problem - monitoring people who accept to have their
computer bugged in exchange for cash or free internet
access constitues a huge bias. They claim to have
advanced weighting methodology, but still ... the
samples are not big enough to be able to compensate
properly.

Cheers

Ilona
* Body-Mind QueenDom