Google

marketing to kids

From: Kate Kaye <katekaye_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu 25 May 2000 11:19:30 -0400

Wow -- I just got off the phone with a rep for
LeoBurnett's LeoShe division. They deal specifically
with marketing to women, moms, etc. Anyway, I was
looking forward to talking to one of their head
marketers about marketing to kids from the perspective
of parents in the ad industry. The rep said that "As a
parent in the ad industry, she [the woman I'd be
interviewing] would rather not comment." She said
something about it being such a hot topic nowadays --
too contraversial.

This seems a bit like a cop out to me. If, as a parent,
it's that difficult to reconcile marketing to kids, why
would you do it in the first place?

--
Kate Kaye
Freelance Writer