Google

ISPs and Dinosaurs

From: lkuek <lkuek_at_thenew.net>
Date: Fri 26 May 2000 12:24:02 -0400

ROB FRANKLE <rob_at_robfrankel.com> WROTE:
> If your experience has contributed anything to you,
> Kate, it's that traditional advertising agencies are
> NOT where it's happening. They're pretty much
> graveyards for dinosaurs.

Hi Rob,

I was just wondering about your comment that
traditional advertising agencies were becoming
antiquated (see "marketing to kids" thread).

Since there is a probable merger between AOL and Time
Warner (who controls a majority of media avenues),
other ISPs and subscription services will be forced to
use advertising agencies to be able to purchase
advertising. Thus traditional ad agencies who provide
media buying services will come into play. I don't see
how traditional Ad agencies are dinosaurs since they
have the clout to leverage lower prices.

LK