Google

Re: Advertising data for demo targets

From: Charlie Martin <CMartin_at_shopexpert.com>
Date: Wed 12 Jul 2000 10:43:57 -0700

VLADIMIR TITOV <tvj_at_omegasoftware.com> WROTE:
> Can anyone advise us of some American companies or
> institutes, which publish any advertising data for demo
> targets?

Some thoughts about sources of U.S. ad data in various
media:

1) roper starch http://www.roper.com/ Among other
   things, they track response to print advertising
   (e.g., Sunday circulars)

2) CMR (competitive media reporting); tracks ad
   spending in tv, print (and radio, I believe)
   at www.CMR.com

3) @plan at http://www.webplan.net/ Agency tool
   largely for internet advertising, but with
   interesting cross sections to other data b/c of
   partnership with the Gallup Organization.

4) for internet: MediaMetrix at www.mediametrix.com
   (recently announced merger with Jupiter
   Communications); also Nielsen (at www.netratings.com)

5) Scarborough Research at http://www.scarborough.com/
   strength as a local market research tool.

Good luck ...

Charlie Martin, Director of Business Development
ShopExpert.com
Email: charlie.martin_at_shopexpert.com