Re: Refer a page or product to a friend

From: Rehan Zaidi <>
Date: Thu 13 Jul 2000 14:25:14 -0400

> Does anyone know of a free method to enable our
> customers to recommend our web pages or products to
> friends. I know Hitbox offers this feature but the
> email the customer receives is a Hitbox Ad.

Hi, Dustin.

There are at least two ways to do this:

1) Install your own recommend script such as the ones
listed at ommend_Site/ .
I've used Birdcast.cgi and it was pretty easy to get up
and running.

2) Use a free service such as Recommend-It ( ). A couple of advantages
are that it's even easier to set up (since you just
need to add some HTML code that's provided) and that
the $10,000 might give your visitors more incentive to
spread the word about your site. But because the
script and content is mostly managed by a third party,
there is less flexibility in this solution than the
first option...

Good luck.
Rehan Zaidi
-- - the community for canadian e-commerce - links to related news articles