Google

Re: Refer a page or product to a friend

From: Rehan Zaidi <rehan.zaidi_at_home.com>
Date: Thu 13 Jul 2000 14:25:14 -0400

DUSTIN ROBERTSON <drobertson_at_bcstore.com> WROTE:
> Does anyone know of a free method to enable our
> customers to recommend our web pages or products to
> friends. I know Hitbox offers this feature but the
> email the customer receives is a Hitbox Ad.

Hi, Dustin.

There are at least two ways to do this:

1) Install your own recommend script such as the ones
listed at
http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Programs_and_Scripts/Perl/Website_Promotion/Rec ommend_Site/ .
I've used Birdcast.cgi and it was pretty easy to get up
and running.

2) Use a free service such as Recommend-It (
http://www.recommend-it.com/ ). A couple of advantages
are that it's even easier to set up (since you just
need to add some HTML code that's provided) and that
the $10,000 might give your visitors more incentive to
spread the word about your site. But because the
script and content is mostly managed by a third party,
there is less flexibility in this solution than the
first option...

Good luck.
Rehan Zaidi
--