Google

Re: Inexpensive text links

From: Miki Dzugan <mdzugan_at_markneting.com>
Date: Fri 14 Jul 2000 09:50:50 -0700

JONATHAN ELDER <jonathane_at_xtowntraffic.com> WROTE:
> Does anyone know good websites or ad networks that will
> do text link ads? I have a b2b client that I am trying
> to focus on purchasing influences for transportation
> services and I am trying to pay keep the text link ads
> cost to a minimum for the client.

Jonathan,

I'm not quite sure what you are driving at. Are you
interested in text link ads because you think they will
be more effective or because you think they will be
less expensive.

We have had good luck with a banner ad that looks like
a text link ad, because of the kind of site it was
placed on. It's what I call the fourth dimension of
banner advertising -- in addition to targeting
advertising, we also create an ad which is consistent
with the way a site is used. We have experienced 5 - 6
times the normal click through on ads with this
technique.

I will be interested to learn of any text ad networks.
My guess is that text is actually more difficult than
serving and tracking banners.

Miki Dzugan
MARKnETING
http://www.markneting.com