Google

Re: Selling Ads Pre-Launch

From: Steve Johnston <johnston_at_realmedia.com>
Date: Tue 18 Jul 2000 18:08:50 -0400

MATT MIGLIORE <MMigliore_at_101com.com> WROTE:
> The list has held steady at 45,000 for over three
> months (14 newsletters). Does anyone have any advice on
> how to get potential advertisers to sign on for a site
> that has yet to launch? Could we make any sort of
> impression estimations based on our newsletter list?

Matt,

One of the best ways to get advertisers to buy your ad
space is to compete with your competitors directly. If
your competitors offer pricing at a certain level then
price your ads space lower but similarly. Make special
pre-launch packages that offer premium exposure at good
prices and stress the demographics that you will be
attracting. Once media buyers taste your site and
visitor demographics they will hopefully be hooked and
see click thrus that will bring renewals. If nothing
else try using an ad network to help you sell your ad
space.

Steve Johnston
Manager, Marketing Communications
Real Media, Inc.