Google

Tracking Cookies

From: Giuseppe Farese <gfarese_at_ssebbs.com>
Date: Wed 19 Jul 2000 15:33:01 -0400

Hello:

I've been trying many log analyzers for my web site,
but none of them includes a report for handling the
cookie log that Apache generates with the module
user_track.

It's a simple log file with the cookie value, along
with the date/time and URL of the page in our site.

Any help on which programs can analyze these logs based
on cookies?

We would like to know:

-total disctint visitors
-number of sessions
-medium time spent on the web site
-navigation path

We're currently doing this report with the IP address,
but we get too many conections from proxy servers, thus
making the report useless.

Thanks in advance,

Giuseppe Farese