Google

Valuation of rich media format

From: Robert Wohrman <ocuw_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri 21 Jul 2000 17:44:43 -0700

Hello,

I first want to thank everybody who replied to my
request for online media contacts, I received a lot of
useful input.

Now I need some feedback on rich media advertising and
pricing. I am a co-founder of a internet start up that
is develping infrastructure technology for the
internet.

One of the applications(and a minor one at that) of our
technology is the ability to display a full page rich
media ad in the same brower window when a user leaves
the site. Similar to a exit pop up that opens in a new
browser window when a user exits a site, but our rich
media ad appears instantly, no download time, that is
the technology. We are about to finish up with testing
and have secured a publisher to beta test our software.
Since this is an entirely new form of internet
advertising I am having a hard time pricing it.

My question:Can anybody give me some input on the value
of a 5-10 second full page rich media ad that every
visitor is guranteed to see? I know there has to be
good value in branding alone with the ability to
display a 5-10 second flash "webmercial" with audio or
even audio or video.

Thanks in advance,
Robert Wohrman
trafficbroker_at_socal.rr.com