Google

Direct Marketing: Snail Mail vs Email

From: Dalene Stander <entco_at_cis.co.za>
Date: Tue 25 Jul 2000 14:39:04 -0700

I do not know if my question is an often addressed one
or not and relates to the question of the ethics of an
initial direct marketing campaign using e-mail compared
to snail mail. I have read the article on the
efficaciousness of e-mail but is still not certain.

We plan to bring out a database of certain information
about companies, which will only be public information
gathered from their web sites, and aimed to be to their
advantage. We would like to introduce our service to
the companies, inviting them to see their info on the
database, to see what advantages it holds and inviting
them to subscribe to our service (keeping their info on
our site).

We see ourselves as not spamming as we customize every
e-mail to the exact address of the company on our
database. The main question is how does the corporate
world perceive the less personal e-mail to a personal
letter.

Hope the members can ease our minds.

Thank you once again.

Dalene Stander