Google

Re: Selling Ads Pre-Launch

From: Ramon Ray <ramon_at_smallbiztechnology.com>
Date: Tue 25 Jul 2000 16:45:50 -0400

MATT MIGLIORE <MMigliore_at_101com.com> WROTE:
> The list has held steady at 45,000 for over three
> months (14 newsletters). Does anyone have any advice on
> how to get potential advertisers to sign on for a site
> that has yet to launch? Could we make any sort of
> impression estimations based on our newsletter list?

Regarding your query on how to sell ads before launch

a) why not just sell ads for your 45,000 list ezine
b) Sell ad space and defer billing until the results
   come in - this takes a lot of trust though

Ramon Ray, ramon_at_smallbiztechnology.com
Editor/Analyst http://www.smallbiztechnology.com
Small business technology news and info that's....different