Google

Re: Traffic from search engines

From: Brad Jensen <brad_at_elstore.com>
Date: Fri 28 Jul 2000 16:51:39 -0500

PETER KEELING <peter_at_mtm.iol.ie> WROTE:
> Our web traffic is increasing about 25% per month
> ( web site is only 8 months old) but the majority
> (80%)is coming from referral domains and links we
> have created rather than directly from search engines.

All 30 million web sites want to be number one on the
search engines. It aint gonna happen.

Realize that people are searching on two or more words,
because one word gives them a gadzillion sites. So
think of the two or three words that are essential for
your product/site. Go look for competitors - what dio
you put into the search engine? Then make sure your
site is indexed on those combinations, not single
words.

Brad Jensen brad_at_elstore.com
President
Electronic Storage Corporation Tulsa OK USA
918-664-7276
LaserVault Report Retrieval & Data Mining
www.Laservault.com