Google

Re: Online marketing for a celebrity

From: Havah Hope <havah_at_aperfectdealer.com>
Date: Wed 04 Oct 2000 22:26:24 -0500

At 02:38 PM 29/09/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>While we are not launching the company with
>"hername.com", I have noticed that "hername.com" is
>already registered and is a redirect to some celebrity
>oriented site. Is it safe to assume that this is a
>violation of trademark?

No, it is not. It is quite possible that the site you
mention is owned by someone who happens to have the same
name. The name that appears on my birth cert. is the
same as the name of a minor actress. It would not be a
trademark violation for me to take that name as a dot com
no matter what I did with it.

Two, it would be immoral of you to try to take the domain
name of that site without reasonable compensation. Someone
has invested money and time (in creating and researching
content). If you are jonny-come-latelys to the dot com
game...well too bad... that is what business is about.

Havah Hope
Internet Alliances Manager
A Perfect Dealer, Inc.
havah_at_aperfectdealer.com

Your Favorite Shoes at Your Favorite Prices
http://www.aperfectdealer.com - New Balance Athletic Wear
http://www.aperfectsandal.com - Birkenstock Sandals