Google

Re: Targeting Press Releases

From: David Meyer <davidm_at_creativworks.com>
Date: Thu 05 Oct 2000 15:02:04 -0500

LAURA ROMAN <lroman_at_NetworldSolutions.com> WROTE:
> Most of the companies distribute [press releases]
> internationally which is a waste to us when we only
> target Southern California. Does anyone have any ideas
> about how we can more closely target our market?

Laura, Creativworks can distribute a press release for
you to Southern California for $115, or to Los Angeles
for $100 via PR Newswire. This is a pretty
cost-effective way to target locally, but I would also
recommend sending press kits directly to key targets,
and following up with a phone call (or ten).

> I'd like some feedback on how press releases have
> worked for other companies that aren't neccessarily
> Fortune 500 but may have something news worthy to
> share.

Again, putting a release out on the wire is great, but
"pitching" the story to key reporters is the best way
to get results (and you don't have to be Fortune 500!).

> And lastly has anyone had any experience with
> multimedia press releases? We just developed a video
> press kit and are thinking about putting a portion of
> it on the web for viewing. Thanks!

The better your information, and the more formats you
can offer... the more likely you'll get press.
Consider putting a "Press Room" in your "about us"
page.

Good luck! Please let me know if we can help.

Best regards,

David Meyer
Director, Business Development
Creativworks - full service advertising, marketing and PR
"an agency on every desk"
davidm_at_creativworks.com