Google

Re: Ad Network Revenue

From: Cole Spalding <scole_at_spinbox.com>
Date: Thu 05 Oct 2000 15:06:10 -0500

JAMES N <buzz3000_at_lycos.com> WROTE:
> Does anyone have experience with what kind of average
> CPMs Doubleclick or 24/7 will pay a smaller site like
> mine? My site is technology oriented, so I'd imagine I
> might get more targeted, higher CPM ads through the
> networks

James,

While it is a great idea for some publishers to go to
an agency to sell their inventory, with a targeted site
such as your you may want to consider selling your
inventory yourself, hiring somebody, or joining a niche
network where the other sites have the same type of
audience and content as you and then approaching
advertisers. With 2 million page views per month you
could be profitable if you do not have to give up a
large percentage of your ad revenue to an agency. If
you have somebody selling your inventory, and also use
an in house ad server like SpinBox, you will have a
nice revenue stream.

Regards,

Cole Spalding
Director of Operations