Google

Re: who do you trust?

From: John Gaskill <gm_at_info-central-usa.com>
Date: Thu 05 Oct 2000 15:55:38 -0500

CHIP CANTY <ccanty_at_bellatlantic.net> WROTE:
> My question: have we come to expect (and accept)
> inaccurate reporting in this industry? By all
> players, or just a few?

It seems to me that the bogus counts put out by
the various services are "hurting somebody," it's
just a question of who and when.

If advertisers have to spend unnecessary amounts
of time or money trying to determine the veracity of
their impression buys, does it not give them a valid
reason to look elsewhere for more reliable media
with better or more proven counting methods?

What seems to be a low CPM may turn out not to
be if counts are inaccurate.

My $0.02.

John Gaskill
gm_at_info-central-usa.com