Affiliate Program Management Decision

From: H Parsons <>
Date: Fri 06 Oct 2000 12:51:55 -0500

Our search for a strong affiliate program tracking
software or 3rd party service continues.

With some feedback and recommendations from this board,
we have narrowed down the selections to a decision
between Commission Junction as a 3rd party service or
either AssocTrac or Pro-Track as an in-house software

3rd party service questions:
Who out there has experience or thoughts on Commission
Junction as a service? I need input regarding their
reputation or direct experience as an affiliate and
merchant. Your confidential feedback or input directly
to me is fine at if you prefer
not to post publicly on this forum. (I need honest
feedback - good or bad - before I pay $1000 and commit
our fast-growing company to a year's contract.)

Regarding the in-house software... Some discussion on
the following points would be interesting:
1) Advantages and disadvantages of in-house affiliate
   program management vs. outsourcing.
2) Amount of time it generally takes to run a
   productive and successful affiliate program - from
   creative and technical support, to cutting the
   affiliates checks, to dispute management,
   communications, etc.
3) How much space and server time is occupied by
   serving the affiliate banner images?

Looking forward to informative input and discussion.

-- H. Parsons

Adventure. Beyond Time. (tm)... The future of
Interactive Electronic Entertainment has is a brand new, content-intense
website offering community & purpose to single &
multiplayer online entertainment!