Google

Re: Ad Network Revenue

From: Shane Sacobie <ssacobie_at_vgf.net>
Date: Fri 06 Oct 2000 13:25:45 -0500
('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) JIM REARDON <jim_at_amusive.com> WROTE:
> Here's a few networks I'd suggest trying
> out (also note I'd insist on CPM sales and
> non-exclusive contracts):
>
> http://www.doubleclick.com/
> http://www.247media.com/
> http://www.sonar.com/ (owned by DoubleClick.
> I run their ads and earn about $1 CPM).
> http://www.burstmedia.com/
> http://www.l90.com/ (I've heard good things,
> but they charge a rather steep setup fee).

I covered a couple of these in my previous e-mail, but
I might as well follow up on the others:

Burst - High default rate. Make sure you have someone
to send your defaults to if you choose them. They
generally do mostly RON deals, but they can be good to
help supplement your ad inventory. You might want to
consider using Adflight or Flycast (or Engage if you
prefer) as defaults. WARNING: Don't use either of these
companies alone. Engage has dragged Flycast down to 15%
of its rates just 10 months ago (with no sign of
improvement). Adflight can and will cancel your ads at
any time if they want with just a few hours notice
(don't hardcode their ads!).

L90 - Not recommended. There's too much that can go
wrong.

Shane Sacobie
VGF.com
Goto http://www.vgf.com for