Google

Spam as a result of advertising

From: Allan Pollett <allan_at_ucanbuyart.com>
Date: Mon 09 Oct 2000 11:24:19 -0500

Hello,

There is a problem with effective advertising. I have
been placing ads on the web and promoting my site with
great success. However, with this success there is a
price. Recently, more than ever I have been a victim of
Spam. I find that I must spend a considerable amount of
time sorting through the junk. Filters don't help
because the spammers generally use words which apply to
my business. The messages I receive usually feature the
"if you wish to be removed from this mailing list..."
line which when replied to results in an undeliverable
message. Does anyone know where I can go to take action
against these spammers? Is it still Spam if the message
remains the same but the senders address changes
slightly? I realize that is legal to send one
unsolicited message as long as the user is given an
opinion to prevent future mailings. This fact seems to
be always mentioned in their messages as well. If
anyone has a solution, I would love to hear it.

Best Wishes,
Allan Pollett
http://www.UCanBuyArt.com