Google

Re: Affiliate Program Management Decision

From: Stuart Hochwert <shochwert_at_myfree.com>
Date: Tue 10 Oct 2000 14:53:20 -0500

H PARSONS <slick_at_other-side.com> WROTE:
> Our search for a strong affiliate program tracking
> software or 3rd party service continues.

We looked at in-house versus third party last in May,
2000. We choose a third party solution and after
review went with CJ. Our thoughts:

1. Third party offer fraud detection.
2. Third party offers check writing (who wants to
   write all those checks).
3. CJ does not charge for check writing.
4. Third party offers affiliate relationships
   immediately.
5. Ongoing payments to third party insignificant
   considering what they provide (checks, fraud,
   affiliates, guidance).

Our personal experience with CJ has been good. Set up
was easy, timely and support has always been there.
Volume is very low, but ROI is great. The CJ program
accounts for about 1.3% of our monthly leads/sales.
Most other efforts are direct deals with web sites made
at trade shows, in-person sales calls, e-mail and
telephone prospecting. We have a business development
department, with the newest member always managing the
affiliate program.

Stuart Hochwert, shochwert_at_myfree.com
MyFree.com, Inc., 3400 Dundee Road, Suite 236
Northbrook, IL 60062, 847-205-9320 Main, 847-205-9340 Fax
238th Most Visited Web Property (PC Data Online, 08/00)
Over 2.5 million newsletter subscribers, www.myfree.com