Google

Re: Spam as a result of advertising

From: Brendan Foley <bfoley_at_bluelight.com>
Date: Tue 10 Oct 2000 15:52:35 -0500

ALLAN POLLETT <allan_at_ucanbuyart.com> WROTE:
> There is a problem with effective advertising. I have
> been placing ads on the web and promoting my site with
> great success. However, with this success there is a
> price. Recently, more than ever I have been a victim of
> Spam. I find that I must spend a considerable amount of
> time sorting through the junk.

Spammers are tricky and you have found out the hard
way. Couple of things you can do to help yourself and
your inbox. A free service called Brightmail, (the
same company that powers the spam filters at AT&T
Worldnet) can help reduce your spam inbox for free by
using Free Brightmail (www.brightmail.com)

Word of advice to all email users, when you receive
such a spam never respond, as by responding to an email
you now give that spammer an active account, a live
body and that is all they need.

Great reference site:

Yahoo:
http://fullcoverage.yahoo.com/fc/Tech/Spam_and_Junk_Email