Google

Re: Online Media Planning Tools

From: Marlena Schwarz <marlena_at_sharpe-partners.com>
Date: Thu 12 Oct 2000 11:33:14 -0500

DOUG KLEIN <doug.klein_at_centric.com> WROTE:
> We end up doing our own research in-house for these
> clients, and do a fine job, but we don't have any
> "tools" to aid us in sourcing sites, getting costs,
> analyzing available inventory, etc. Does anyone know
> what tools we should be looking at acquiring for doing
> online media planning and research? We'd obviously
> want something we could use for these smaller clients,
> but which also provides depthful information for our
> larger clients as well.

Media Metrix, NetRatings are the standards for audience
measurement to aid in planning, but their services
aren't cheap and they won't give you availability or
costs for sites (buying). This still has to take place
the old fashioned way, by contacting the short list of
sites where your target hangs out and making inquiries
and negotiating. Many sites have cropped up that are
supposed to streamline the media buying but I haven't
been impressed by any of them.

Good luck,

Marlena

Marlena Schwarz