Re: Replicating ad serving solutions

From: Steve Johnston <>
Date: Thu 12 Oct 2000 14:19:19 -0500

> My problem is that our business model relies upon us
> branding our websites (that sell financial products) as
> those of some portal x that we partner with. This means
> we have to be able to replicate the ad serving solution
> of all of our partners: not a happy prospect! Anyone
> know of any recent reports on this issue?

Digitrends had a very interesting look at Ad Networks
and technology earlier this year. You can probably
still access it via their Web site at The issue that you need to address
is what technology will provide you with the best
functionality, while also allowing you to work with the
technology that you partners are using.

Given your particular business segment. You may want to
steer clear of central serving solutions that can
potentially leave your clients and their visitor's data
vulnerable. Also, you should definitely look for a
solution that will allow you complete control over your
data and access to your campaigns. Given the recent
news about one ad network and their technology, you
should definitely look at an in-house solution if you
can support it.

Steve Johnston
Real Media, Inc.