Google

Re: Web Site Selling process

From: Haakon Rian Ueland <hueland_at_chello.no>
Date: Tue 31 Oct 2000 15:59:58 -0500

Jeffrey,

Opening your site, the first I see is "502078
visitors". At 150 visitors a day, that means you've
been up 9 years - how about losing the counter? At
least put it at the bottom? The bar at the top looks
like a navbar to me - but it isn't. The "Warning" looks
like a link - but isn't. You are quite verbose. How
about dividing your page into bitesized chunks instead?
I am afraid that your info gets lost in all the words -
if you instead had a frontpage with short descriptions
and links to different sub-pages, it might be better.
Take a look at www.useit.com - Jacob Nielsen is an
annoying guru, but he makes a lot of sense (though I
dislike the fact that everything is so absolute in his
world - I will _not_ wait two years before I start
using new technologies).

Regards,
Haakon Ueland
Wannabe webdesigner