Re: Pop-up Windows Embedded in Banner Ads

From: Mark Barnett <>
Date: Tue 19 Dec 2000 11:29:42 -0500

> Have any of you encountered the banner ads which, when
> served, are automatically launching daughter windows.

Engage calls those "Interstitial Pop-up" ads. I
quickly turned them off when they started using them
after receiving numerous complaints from visitors.

I don't mind a pop up window asking if you want to
subscribe to a newsletter from the site and a cookie is
written so that you do not see the ad again or that
expires every week unless you subscribe and it
completely goes away.

Mark Barnett

Fish Link Central - Fish Link Exchange - - - -