Google

Re: Pop-up Windows Embedded in Banner Ads

From: Mark Barnett <mark_at_fishlinkcentral.com>
Date: Tue 19 Dec 2000 11:29:42 -0500

LOREN BAKER <loren_at_webadvantage.net> WROTE:
> Have any of you encountered the banner ads which, when
> served, are automatically launching daughter windows.

Engage calls those "Interstitial Pop-up" ads. I
quickly turned them off when they started using them
after receiving numerous complaints from visitors.

I don't mind a pop up window asking if you want to
subscribe to a newsletter from the site and a cookie is
written so that you do not see the ad again or that
expires every week unless you subscribe and it
completely goes away.

Regards
Mark Barnett

Fish Link Central - Fish Link Exchange - AquaBid.com -
FishBookStore.com - AquaRank.com - FishForums.com