Google

Ouch! - From 60% to 40%

From: Mark Barnett <mark_at_fishlinkcentral.com>
Date: Tue 02 Jan 2001 14:19:26 -0500

A LETTER FROM ENGAGE TODAY:

Dear Valued Publisher,

In June of 2000, the companies formerly known as
Flycast and AdSmart were acquired by Engage, creating
the industry's leading online media firm. As a

direct result, Engage Media has been able to deliver
the largest audience reach, with the broadest array of
seamlessly integrated online media programs, all
designed to meet the most demanding online Publisher
and Marketer objectives.

Engage Media has increased our sales force and our
product offerings to include a wider variety of
advertising opportunities for Marketers and to help
Publishers meet their revenue objectives. While
building services to meet our customer needs, we
continued to charge below-industry-standard commission
rates on some sites, including yours. In order to
continue to provide you with the best service in the
industry, it is necessary for us to realign our
commission rates.

This notice is to inform you that the commission on the
ad sales for your site will be changing - you will
receive 40% effective February 1, 2001. Again, charging
this commission is necessary for us to maintain the
breadth and caliber of the products available to our
sites, and will enhance our product offerings as well
as provide Publishers with the technology needed to
secure greater market share with advertisers.

Beginning on January 8, 2001 you can access the
contract addendum reflecting this change at
http://siteregistry.flycast.com. Log in with your
username and password, and the contract terms will
appear. You have the option to accept or decline the
contract terms. It is necessary for you to take action
on this contract by January 31, 2001. If you accept
the revised terms, we will continue to serve your site,
and we sincerely hope that you remain a valued
Publisher on our network.

If you choose not to accept the revised contract terms,
we will regretfully assume that you do not wish to
continue your agreement with Engage Media for ad sales.
This notice will serve as a 30 day written notice of
termination of your current contract if you determine
that you are unable to accept these new terms.

Thank you for your loyalty and support and we sincerely
hope that you continue our partnership under the new
terms. We are eager to continue our relationship, and
will strive to continue to provide you with
cutting-edge product offerings and revenue solutions
for many years to come.

Should you have any questions regarding this
correspondence, please feel free to contact Chris
Jones, of our Publisher Consultant Team, at
cjones_at_engage.com <mailto:cjones_at_engage.com>.

Sincerely,

Barbara M. Kelly
Senior Vice President
Engage Media Services