Google

Re: Google Success Story

From: Jim Novo <jimnovo_at_sprintmail.com>
Date: Mon 15 Jan 2001 13:41:35 -0500

LOREN BAKER <loren_at_webadvantage.net> WROTE:
> I highly suggest trying the Google AdWords program is
> you are interested in testing the effectiveness of
> keyword search term advertising.

I can second this motion. The ability to change copy
on the fly and watch your response rates in real time
(as opposed to waiting for approvals at GoTo and the
like) is hard to beat. On my site, this Google traffic
is 3x more likely to convert into book buyers than
"generic" search traffic.

Apparently, the Google user can tell the difference
between a paid "shill" ad and someone honestly looking
to get some qualified traffic. For new sites in test
mode like mine, this traffic is critical and because
Google uses link relevancy for rankings, almost
impossible for new sites to get without using their ad
system. Fair balance, equal opportunity system, seems
to me.

Jim Novo mailto:jim_at_jimnovo.com
Customer Valuation, Retention, Loyalty
Author:Turning Customer Data into Profits