Google

Re: Search Engine Promotions

From: James Allen <james_at_techwarrior.net>
Date: Tue 30 Jan 2001 11:05:41 -0500

PRAMOD KUMAR <pramod_at_hwr.bhel.co.in> WROTE:
> Search Engines are being commercialized these days.
> Yahoo, LookSmart, and NBCi are making headlines.
> Presently, I feel that one good point is that Express
> Submission does not influence the ranking. But the days
> are numbered when paid ranking will also be there.

I think the days are also coming when there will be an
annual renewal. If you don't pay your annual fee, you
are dropped from the directory/search engine. The nice
part is that it weeds out a lot of the people that
aren't really serious about doing business on the web.

James Allen
President
TechWarrior.Net, Inc.
james_at_techwarrior.net