Google

Re: Search Engine Promotions

From: Melissa Wurst <info_at_foreignlanguagetranslation.com>
Date: Mon 05 Mar 2001 09:49:42 -0600

Promotions and specifically with goto.com. After reading
everyone's thoughts on this, decided to try out a few
search terms on my own with goto.com. Unfortunately,
their client services person declined our URL because
they said the Back buttons were not working and the
user would be unable to get back to goto.com in a single
click.

Our home page does have an invisible page that pulls up
if a user is using a lower version of a browser that
informs the user to upgrade to a higher one and offers
them a chance to download it.....quite common on many
sites. This only occurs on our homepage, not the other
pages. However, goto will not accept our URL based on
this.

My problem is this: Goto says that they only charge
for valid click thrus and from what I read on their site,
a valid click thru would be more than a user clicking on
the ad from their site - going to the home page and then
going back to goto. I would not consider this a valid
click thru..........any suggestions on this please.

Melissa Wurst
www.foreignlanguagetranslation.com
info_at_foreignlanguagetranslation.com