Google

Re: "Branding Week"?

From: Rob Frankel <rob_at_robfrankel.com>
Date: Fri 23 Mar 2001 11:16:40 -0600

OLIVER WILLIS <owillis_at_yahoo.com> WROTE:

>What about online content providers forming a broad
>based test to show the effectiveness of branding using
>these new banners?

>For a certain period of time (a month?) specific
>banners could be run with no clickthrough, then a
>survey done to see how much of a psychological impact
>has been made.

>Without branding, web advertising is headed to be
>direct mail marketing's ugly stepchild.

I agree with the last statement, but you gotta be
careful here: what you're really talking about is
Awareness, not branding per se. First you create the
brand, then you raise its awareness.

I know, I'm a broken record on this, but this oversight
gets so many people into trouble, because it raises the
wrong expectations and leads to disappointing results.

Rob Frankel,
"Yes, I really do turn users into evangelists
for your brand."
Big Time Branding http://www.RobFrankel.com
The Book: http://www.RevengeOfBrandX.com
The Frankel Tapes: Volume One: