Google

Re: Salon.com and taller ads

From: Brandi Jasmine <brandi_at_brandijasmine.com>
Date: Mon 02 Apr 2001 10:12:52 -0600

MICHAEL EHLENBERGER <michael_at_premiumnetwork.com> WROTE:

>All the new standards for IMU's is now available at
>http://www.iab.net - this is definetly a good place
>to get info on standards, best practices, market
>studies, etc.

On my site I will be happy to place ads of any non-
standard size - within reason. For the right long-term
sponsor, provided the match was good, heck, I'd
redesign the entire site. BTW speaking of "standards"
I finally saw one of those "big box" ads today. Yuk.
Ick. Pooey! It was an ugly, unappealing Flash kludge
hawking some expensive database. Enough to make you
close the window out or hit the "back" button with all
due haste. Earth to the big guys: make these things
interesting, entertaining, funny! Then they will turn
positively viral. If not, they will merely get tuned
out just like the banners. I put a coffee mug in front
of this ad so I could read the article.

Kind regards,

Brandi Jasmine
Writer, Digital Photographer, Illustrator
        www.brandijasmine.com
www.astrology.ca - www.twostar.com
      brandi_at_brandijasmine.com