Google

Re: The advertising industry brought the banner ad down.

From: Denise Turney <RCampb3422_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed 09 May 2001 15:21:23 -0500

JAMIE KRASNOO <jkrasnoo_at_socal.rr.com> WROTE:

> Its funny. When the banner first came out in ... what
> ... 1998 (I think) there was a whole bunch hoopla about
> how great it was. There were big plans for the banner
> ad. Anyways, I'm sure that no one needs a history lesson
> on banner ads.

I've hard that pop-up windows are effective at getting
click-throughs. I'm not convinced of this though, because
whenever I see a pop-up window, I usually leave a site
or close the pop-up window (I close the window so fast,
I think only my subsconscious is aware of what was on the
ad).

Do any of you have success with pop-up ads or have you
heard of businesses that have had success with pop-up
ads? The only way I could see them being effective
would be if they popped-up as a visitor was leaving a
site.

What do you think?

Denise Turney
Visit us online at - http://www.chistell.com!

What?!?!?
You haven't stopped by your bookstore to ask for our books yet!!!!
We're waiting for you to visit us online!
http://www.chistell.com - Home To Those Who Love To Read!