Google

Re: Misspelled domain name scam

From: Janet Fouts <fouts_at_foggy.com>
Date: Fri 11 May 2001 10:22:32 -0500

ILONA JERABEK <ilona_at_queendom.com> WROTE:

>I would like to get your take on this I am sure it has
>happened to you. A client of ours complained the other
>day that he typed in our domain name, queendom.com and
>got a pile of junk. It turns out he mistyped the
>name and put quendom.com (forgot the second "e").

It's hard to say, but I'm guessing there is no malicious
intent here. It's not close enough to be a common typo.

i've got a story for you though.
Our domain name is tatu.com
a company recently began to frame our site with his
own, with no reference to their own company at all.
doesn't make sense why, but I apparently can't make
him stop...The addresses showing up in my logs are:
  http://www.tatueeka.cjb.net/
  http://eekajatatu.cjb.net/
  http://www.eekajatatu.cjb.net/

Weird huh?? We have had fans of the site actually steal '
pages and post them on their site in the past, but they
always backed down after a few e-mail exchanges.
this is different..

Janet Fouts
Tatu.com