Google

Pop ups and exit traffic (was The advertising industry brought the banner ad down)

From: Bob Poulsen <web_at_researchville.com>
Date: Mon 14 May 2001 13:16:47 -0500

DENISE TURNEY <RCampb3422_at_aol.com> WROTE:

>Do any of you have success with pop-up ads or have you
>heard of businesses that have had success with pop-up
>ads? The only way I could see them being effective
>would be if they popped-up as a visitor was leaving a
>site.

Just this morning I read about http://www.exitexchange.com/
which places pop-ups when a user exits a site. The
article that mentioned it was Steve Outing's Stop the
Presses column for Editor and Publisher online:

  http://www.mediainfo.com/ephome/news/newshtm/stop/stop.htm

He also discusses a similar site
  http://www.clustertraffic.com

Oh, by the way, I really dislike pop-up ads!

-Bob Poulsen
 Researchville -- "enter your query just once, and
 search over 650 databases"
  http://www.researchville.com