Re: Interesting article

From: Janet Fouts <>
Date: Wed 23 May 2001 10:24:41 -0500

>Article: The Bright Future of Web Advertising

Well I agree that web advertising will be back and the
dollars will be spent. I just think that they will be
spent differently than in the past.

The banner ad is just an annoying distraction on many
sites. The click through rates are tiny, and many
people simply don't see them at all anymore. They do
see rich media, mostly because it is different, but
also because they are more than just an ad, they're
fun, and informative.

A perfect example is the interactive piece that Vespa
did. It's larger, it's richer, and it's engaging.
These kinds of ad have re-generated our business at, building ads that give more information,
and so more value.

BTW, I noticed that ecompany is using an exit pop-up,
what do you all think about these??

Janet Fouts