Google

RE: Search engine software and ASP pages

From: Jamie Krasnoo <jkrasnoo_at_socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu 05 Jul 2001 10:49:00 -0500

ALISTAIR CAMPBELL <alistair_at_parallel56.com> WROTE:

> Can anybody tell me if there are any issues about the
> efficiency of search engine software reading ASP
> generated rather than static HTML page content.

As long as the URL isn't
 http://www.somedomain.com/your_asp/some_script.asp?foo=bar&baz=fum
the search engine will spider it. Most search engines
will shy away from urls with question marks and
parameters. Best thing to do is have the server rewrite
the url so as to look like a normal url (e.x.
http://www.somedomain.com/your_asp/some_script.asp/foo/bar/baz/fum ).

Goto http://spider-food.net for a great resource on
this topic.

Jamie Krasnoo