Google

Re: Take down the banner ad

From: Brandi Jasmine <bj_at_brandijasmine.com>
Date: Fri 06 Jul 2001 09:17:46 -0500

ROBERT BAUGH <robert_at_littleredgate.com> WROTE:

>Hold that space! I recently started Little Red Gate
>and I'm now looking to launch our services but with a
>very low budget in total, I'm looking for very low
>cost banner exposure.

You and everyone else. On the other hand _we_ are
looking for advertisers who are at least willing to
honour our efforts and contribution with a minimally
passable profit so we can stay in business. I agree
heartily with others who say it's time to start tearing
down ad space - until or unless it pays its own way.

>Is there any way to link up with all those people
>with good traffic but who don't sell or use all their
>banner space to see if we can come to some arrangement
>for their unused capacity?

That's called an "advertising aggregator". They pay
publishers next to nothing. Insultingly small
"click-throughs" and a large number of "freebie" house
ads. Waste of time.

I have nearly 200,000 monthly page-views between
three sites and a newsletter I manage but I won't go
through the trouble of setting them up for outside
advertising for "very low cost banner exposure" anymore.
I don't care what the going rate is anymore. My time,
talent and self-respect is worth something. I'll work
on a sponsorship model now - one month at a time, run
of site(s), highest bidder wins. I'm open to barter
pitches. Otherwise - I keep the banners for myself and
for building traffic between my three sites.

---

Brandi Jasmine - Writer, Photographer, Illustrator
www.brandijasmine.com - www.astrology.ca - www.twostar.com