Google

RE: Unwanted Audio Ads (why not just turn speakers off?)

From: Justin W. Hitt <Justin.Hitt_at_hittpansophism.com>
Date: Wed 11 Jul 2001 12:03:57 -0500

BRIAN SHEPHERD <Brian.Shepherd_at_TechnologyReview.com> WROTE:

>I hear what you're saying, but I really have to
>disagree. You and only YOU control the sound on your
>computer. You either have it on, or off. That being

I surf with my speakers off, I am usually listening to
music or audio programs and really don't want the
interruptions. However, audio ads may be screaming
out for the attention of the visitor -- in the same
way could be annoying visitors on the site the ad is
ran. The bottom line is annoyed visitors surf
somewhere else, so it is useful to test your interface
and make sure visitors are comfortable visiting your
site.

Just a thought.

Sincerely,

Justin Hitt
--
Save time with the Business Success Newsletter,
http://www.hittpansophism.com/newsletter/