Google

RE: Ad Server Solutions -CentralAd

From: Teri Ross <tross_at_techexchange.com>
Date: Tue 11 Sep 2001 11:27:45 -0500

STUART HOCHWERT <stuart_at_myfree.com> WROTE:

> We have used Central Ad for approximately 3 years. We
> own and operate one of the top 250 web sites by traffic,
> and serve millions of banners each month to a unique
> audience of 4 million visitors per month. The software
> has held up very well. When we just started out we had
> troubles with the software and timely support was often
> lacking at Central Ad.

I hate to be a broken record, and would like to contribute
to this forum with more than my repeated warnings about
CentralAd, but I must again caution anyone looking at
this program. While the software does work well within
its relatively limited feature set (there are important
features such as inventory management missing), tech
support is virtually nonexistent and that is a problem.
We have been using the software for over 3 years. Tech
support was ALWAYS slow. Two days ago the company that
hosts the software for our site changed IP addresses,
causing the software to fail and no banners to be
delivered. No reply from CentralAd on tech support at this
critical time. In looking at the CentralAd site for online
support, their online forum has been shut down since June
1, and the live chat feature is not working. I fortunately
had the e-mail of the programmer who wrote the software,
and he bailed us out - which included the need to create
a new registration key to support the new IP address. If
I hadn't had this contact, I don't even want to think of
the potential consequences. Bottomline, as in all software,
it is the service and support you receive AFTER you purchase
that is just as, if not more important than the software
itself. Buyer beware.

Teri Ross, Publisher
http://www.techexchange.com
Teaching Technology to the Textile Trades
Published by: Imagine That! Consulting Group, Inc.
2229 Sherwood Court, Minnetonka, MN 55305 USA