Google

Re: E-zine Advertising

From: Todd Kellner <todd.kellner_at_list-universe.com>
Date: Mon 24 Sep 2001 12:24:37 -0500

AL BREDENBERG <ab_at_copywriter.com> WROTE:

>We offer a resource that can help you find ezine
>advertising media. It's a directory of permission email
>lists and services at http://market.emailresults.com .
>The site used to be called the Direct Email List Source
>and is now the EmailResults.com Marketers' Market.

In terms of email newsletter advertising networks, there
are three sizeable players:

http://Opt-Influence.com/
http://www.PennMedia.com/
http://www.Advertising.com/newsletter/

I just wanted to make a distinction between newsletter
networks and newsletter "families" (such as MailBits
and ShagMail), which are several newsletters produced
by a single publisher. I'm not aware of all the numbers
concerning PennMedia and Advertising.com, but I can tell
you that Opt-Influence has 310 unique publishers, 790
publications and 107,000,000 subscribers (in the
newsletter division) across nearly every conceivable
topic.

This is just a caveat to anyone looking to contact
any of these companies -- there can be obvious pricing
advantages to working directly with a newsletter family
such as MeMail, but if you want something beyond general
interest (not to mention large volume or various options
such as HTML deliveries), you're probably better off
checking with the newsletter networks first.

Just my two cents :-)

Todd Kellner
VP, Operations
http://Opt-Influence.com/