Google

Still the CPA deal...

From: Luis Martins <ciencias_at_netcabo.pt>
Date: Wed 14 Nov 2001 21:17:22 -0500

KEVIN FRAZIER <kfrazier_at_adace.com> WROTE:

>"I'm not saying CPA doesn't work. It works
>incredibly well for advertisers, and on occasion can
>benefit site publishers, but there is just too much gray
>area to consider it the only option. Lets keep striving
>for more!"

Hi again:

Just to bury the axe on this CPA deal, I just wanted to
underline your words, Kevin. It works, but we must
strive for more. That's what I was trying to say with
that crisis description on my last post - CPA is the
best way to get more credibility and pull the investors
back. To win such an endeavour, we must compromise,
show them we share their risk now and it's still a good
business for all. And as a bonus, they're getting brand
awareness as they haven't, till now. So what? Capitalize
that, by beggining strong, lastful partnerships and
signing big contracts. It's better than to waste
resources on pushing banners on CPM basis.

I really think now's the time to make strong ties with
suppliers and customers. I have a customer, an american
PPC search engine, that does not auction its positions -
sells unlimited accounts to first result positions. Why?
Well, because it needs announcers. And has perceived
that now's the time to begin lasting relationships.

And yes, we signed a lasting contract. ;-)

My $0.02 and Regards

Luis Martins