Google

Re: CPM vs. CPC vs. CPA

From: Brad Jensen <brad_at_elstore.com>
Date: Tue 20 Nov 2001 21:18:57 -0500

> Publishers should target clients who whom they can
> deliver the best returns, and turn down the clients
> who don't fit their profile. I know this sounds
> extreme to turn down business, but it might change
> the mindset of advertisers and build up good numbers
> when ads are properly placed.

I think the problem with CPA for most publishers is
that the publisher has to do the work, finding deals
that will pay off.

On the other hand there is no risk to the advertiser,
so it is simple to make sales.

I wouldn't be whining about CPA, I'd be finding
customers who can pay off for me. You can make more
money than with CPM, if you find the right match. I'm
sure some publishers have already figured this out.