Google

Re: Going CPM Rates

From: Alexis Brown <agbrown_at_fastclick.com>
Date: Wed 05 Dec 2001 08:34:25 -0500

DON KAPLAN <omytown_at_yahoo.com> WROTE:

>I am looking to run CPM campaigns on networks. They would be
>Run of Network campaigns approx. 2 to 3 million impressions
>per day. Can anyone offer some insight as to what rate I
>should be expecting to pay? I am hearing rates at $.35 CPM
>to $1.00 CPM. What would support a $.35 CPM compared to
>$1.00+ CPM?"

I apologize for the tardiness in my reply, but I'm still
wading through my email inbox! The rates you get from any
network are going to differ based on a variety of factors,
the trick is to narrow it down a bit. Here are a few
key questions to ask:

1) What kind of websites has the network partnered with,
and how were they selected? This will give you an idea of
the size of the network, and whether they meet your
specific standards and demographic reach.

2) What is the frequency cap? Is there a frequency cap?
A very important question, this will determine whether the
network is showing your banner over and over to the same
person, or if there is a limit by unique or by a certain
duration (i.e. 30 days).

3) Is targeting included in the price?
This could affect the rate significantly, especially if
it's a specialty network.

4) What (if any) features are included in the price?
You never know what you're going to get, so it's always
good to ask what kind of reporting or other targeting
tools are available to you.

I hope this helps, good luck!

Best,
Alexis Brown

Fastclick: Online Advertising/Ad Serving
Tel 805.964.2266, x.1
Fax 425.969.8552
Web www.fastclick.com