Google

Re: Topic for the Week: IM Advertising

From: Gerard Doyle <gerard_at_devil.com>
Date: Wed 05 Dec 2001 08:40:26 -0500

I thought it appropriate to mention at this time
(given the topic of discussion and the business
model I am working with), a little bit about what
I do. I am the Marketing Manager for the Devil IM
and we have managed to combine one of the most
popular advertising models (pay-per-click search
engine) with the topic of the week, (an IM). I
would encourage people on this forum to have a
look and possibly download the devil IM.
http://www.devil.com
I would be interested to hear if any feels this
combined model has any merit?

RON SHERIDAN <ron_at_ronsheridan.com> WROTE:

>I think the banners in AOL IM are not ideal
>for standard banner ad campaigns, but they likely
>are useful for some types of branding if the rates
>are very very low.

And I would have to agree with Ron on this
point, which is why we have decided to use the
search box as a service/advertising method rather
than an in your face banner. If any one has any
questions they would like to ask or suggestion I
would be more than glad to answer them. I feel we
have hit on a winner but would love to
hear the comments from this well informed group.

- Gerard Doyle
Marketing Manager Devil IM
gerard_at_devil.com
http://www.devil.com