Google

Re: Topic for the Week: IM Advertising

From: Chee Wee <ezine-sub_at_internetmarketingfocus.com>
Date: Thu 06 Dec 2001 08:27:11 -0500

Ron Sheridan <ron_at_ronsheridan.com> wrote:

>I think the banners in AOL IM are not ideal for
>standard banner ad campaigns, but they likely are
>useful for some types of branding if the rates are
>very very low. I usually keep my AOL and ICQ windows
>in the foreground but anchored to my right screen.

Though as an ICQ user myself I don't like banner ads
in a great software that was once ad-free, but I must
admit I actually viewed the banner ads that was served
through my ICQ chat window.

While waiting for the other party to reply, I was
'entertained' by the ads (what else could I with those
few seconds) and it certainly did some branding onto my
mind.

It's just like one of those poster ads in the subways
that you view when you nothing else to do. But only time
will tell if ICQ users will eventually ignore the ads.

To Your Marketing Success!

Chee Wee
Internet Marketing Consultant
http://www.InternetMarketingFocus.com