Google

Re: New Pricing Model

From: Rob Frankel <Rob_at_RobFrankel.com>
Date: Mon 10 Dec 2001 12:10:22 -0500

At 8:29 AM -0500 12/10/01, Rob Frankel wrote:
>On 12/7/01, Andy Bourland <andybourland_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>The obnoxious head bobbing around would be Frankel, not me, but in
>>any case...
>
>And they say the web doesn't work for branding!
>
>[Note from Moderator: Rob, isn't this actually
>awareness rather than branding? Surely the bobbing head is
>memorable, but what message does
>it convey about the Rob Frankel brand exactly?
>--Cliff]

It a good question, Cliff. It has a lot to do with both.

One of the biggest mistakes people make is confusing
branding with awareness. I think it's important to
create the brand first, then raise its awareness.

The OBH is graphically representative of the brand itself.
It communicates the kind of brand ethic attached to my
practice -- not real stiff, not overly slick and polished
but very real, somewhat enjoyable and extremely independent.
The minute people see it, they either say, "Hey, that's the
kind of guy I'd like to work with -- he doesn't take himself
as seriously as he takes his business" or they say "No way
could I hire a guy that independent -- my boss want's someone
in a blue suit with a nice tie."

Either way, the OBH graphically communicates those aspects
and allows people to save time either moving forward or
moving on.