Google

Re: New Pricing Model

From: Alexis Brown <agbrown_at_fastclick.com>
Date: Tue 11 Dec 2001 09:48:51 -0500

Jim Sterne <jsterne_at_targeting.com> wrote:

>I think I'm becoming a crusty old goat with plaque
>growing between the lobes of my brain - in other words: Huh?
>
>So I can have my banner follow an individual around?
>Sort of like session pricing, but across a network?
>Using cookies?
>Does it have to be the same banner?
>Wouldn't they burn out on it?
>Could you explain this so even *I* can understand
>it and maybe put it in my next book?
>Or is my brain made of Swiss cheese and I should just
>find a nice nursing home?

I think you're getting CPM-CUME confused with a surround
session. The idea is that we can target unique visitors,
not follow them around. An individual would only see a
particular advertisement once in x amount of days (the x
to be determined by the advertiser). For the advertiser,
we're trying to decrease the number of times a viewer
sees an ad, and for the publisher, we're trying to
increase the value of a unique visitor. Think of it as a
unique frequency cap of up to 28 days. It does use cookies,
and our Advertisers can rotate as many banners as they wish.

Some campaigns require a number of impressions to be viewed
by the same user before the s/he commits; others only need
to impact the user once or twice every few days/weeks to
make the sale. Fastclick's goal is to provide a solution
for each of these scenarios.

I don't think you're ready for a nursing home quite yet. :-)

Best,
Alexis Brown

Fastclick: Online Advertising/Ad Serving
Tel 805.964.2266, x.101
Fax 425.969.8552
Web www.fastclick.com